Saturday, March 1, 2014

20 Months

Lexi is officially out of her teens and into her 20's! Haha that was quick! :p She's 20 months today! 



Lots of verbal and learning milestones this month. It's getting really hard to keep up with all if her new words. Here's a list of some, but I know not all. She's well over 50 words by now. Probably more like 75.
Hug
Kiss
Chicken (chick)
Flop 
Tube 
Bear
Pup
Jump
Hop
Pull
Gummies
Kitty (key)
Treat (tree)
Jock (from Lady and the Tramp)
Trusty
Lady (yady)
Peg
Tramp (tamp)
Patients (paish)
Giraffe (jaff)
Simba (simb)
Cracker (Cack)
Peach
Tramp (tam)
Cottage cheese (kotch)
Catch
Pink
Monkey (moky)
Frog
Horse (hos)
Cat
Sheep
Fish
I drop
Picture 
You
Gram
Pop
What
Tasty


Lexi knows some of her colors and shapes already! She knows blue (boo), pink, purple (purp), black (back), and orange (unge). She also knows heart, star, and semi-circle. We're working on square, circle, and triangle. She'll get them right maybe 60% of the time. She also knows animals and what noise they make. She can "read" the book "Brown Bear, Brown Bear What do You See?" to me.

Elephant (eff) -bbbbuuurrr
Horse - nay
Kitty (key key) - meow
Puppy - roof roof stop bark (staw bawk) haha I don't know where on earth she would have got something like that... 
Cow - moo
Duck - quack (cack cack!)
Chick - peep peep
Sheepy - ba
Goat - ma
Frog (fog) - ribbit (rib rib)
Bear - roar
Bird (bur) - tweet (teet)


Other things Lexi is doing this month are sharing her snacks with her toys and learning how to toss a ball. She also likes to help me cook dinner and wash the dishes. I've found it really helps when I involve her in my daily household activities. (Not so many meltdowns that way!) So, she helps me do the laundry. I'll hand her clothes out of the wash and she puts them in the dryer. When I wash dishes she stands beside me on a chair and plays in the water. When I empty the dish washer she hands me silverware and cups to put away. When I cook dinner she helps measure water, stir things, and sets the table. When I feed the pets she helps dump food in the dog's bowls and carries the cat's bowls over to them. She really is a good helper! 

Helping make pizza

Coloring with Red Panda

Lexi also likes to use her own play kitchen and "cook" KJ and I dinner and desert. She hands out plates to us (sometimes I get three or four servings!) and we say "Yum yum! That's so tasty!" Then she collects them and puts them in her sink and whispers "wash wash". It's adorable! 


Eating has been a bit of a struggle this month. All she wants to eat is cottage cheese (kotch). I ask, "Lexi, what do you want for lunch?" "Kotch!!" I try so hard to get her to eat other things. Nutritious things. She's even refusing PB&J lately! Who doesn't like PB&J?? It's frustrating and I'm praying it's just a phase. I was looking at some old pictures of her the other day, from about 12 months. She was eating all sorts of things... Willingly! Sweet potatoes, spinach, strawberries, chicken, Greek yogurt, corn... She pretty much would eat anything I put in front of her... Now she's this opinionated little person who doesn't like anything. She does like crunchy things, though. Tonight we had a major break through! Lexi was helping me make dinner and I had her dump a bag of baby carrots into a steamer boat. We had a little time before we needed to put them in the microwave, so I started singing Daniel Tiger songs. She was dancing, and then picked up a carrot and started munching on it! She ate 5 freaking baby carrots!!!! Woo hoo!!! And then she ate 2 more at dinner!! Big ol' win!!! I put brown sugar and butter on the steamed carrots and she didn't like those, but I seriously didn't care what else she ate today... She ate 7 carrots total!!!

Not a fan of skirts... "Get this off me!!"

Some of Lexi favorite toys this month are her Little People goat (from the nativity set) and Patch the puppy from a 101 Dalmatians set. The goat and puppy go everywhere together! They have lunch together, they climb tables together, they have conversations, they help Lexi color... They are seriously BFFs! Lol Lexi and I were both sick this past week, so "Lady and the Tramp" and "101 Dalmatians" have been playing pretty much non stop in our house. She is in love with Jock!! Omg it's Jock this and jock that all day long. So, I picked her up a Jock plushy on eBay... and she's scared of the damn thing! Ugh!


Lexi has 15 teeth now. Her top left canine came in this month. Her hair is getting longer. We achieved the long awaited pig-tails a couple weeks ago! So freaking cute! She also loves to dance and can blow kisses (muh muh muh!) She loves the Disney Princesses and Daniel Tiger. Favorite books this month are "Brown Bear, Brown Bear What do You See?", "Goodnight Daniel Tiger", "The Rainbow Fish" (I have mixed feelings on this book...), "Corduroy", and "The Cat in the Hat".



Lots of Love,
KJsbabe


No comments:

Post a Comment